CHAPTER 252 – MOTOR VEHICLES
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 165 OF THE REVISED CODE OF DELAWARE, 1935, RELATING TO MOTOR VEHICLES BY REPEALING 5642 SECTION 104 AND BY SUBSTITUTING IN LIEU THEREOF A NEW 5642 SECTION 104 AND PROVIDING PENALTY.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Delaware, in General Assembly met:
Section 1. That Chapter 165 of the Revised Code of Delaware, 1935, as amended be and the same is hereby amended by repealing and striking out all of 5642 Sec. 104 thereof and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
5642 Sec. 104. Stopping, Standing, or Parking Prohibited in Specified Places:—(a) No person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic controlled device, in any of the following places:
1. On a sidewalk;
2. In front of a public or private driveway;
3. Within an intersection;
4. Within fifteen feet of a fire hydrant;
5. On a crosswalk;
6. Within twenty feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
7. Within thirty feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic-control signal located at the side of a roadway;
8. Between a safety zone or island and the adjacent curb or within thirty feet of points on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone or island, unless the State Highway Department or the governing authority of any City or Town indicates a different length by signs or markings;
9. Within fifty feet of the nearest rail or railroad crossing, unless the State Highway Department or the governing authority of any City or Town indicates a different length by signs or markings;
10. Within twenty feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within seventy-five feet of said entrance when properly sign-posted;
11. Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic;
12. On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;
13. Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a highway or within a highway tunnel;
14. At any place where official signs prohibit stopping as provided in Section 136 of this Chapter.
(b) No person shall move a vehicle not owned by such person into such prohibited area or away from a curb such distance as is unlawful.
Section 2. Every person convicted of violating any of the provisions of this section shall be punished by a fine of not less than Three Dollars ($3.00) nor more than Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00).
Section 3. All acts or parts of acts inconsistent with the provisions of this act are hereby repealed to the extent of such inconsistency.
Approved March 14, 1941.