CHAPTER 152 - LEWES
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 3 OF CHAPTER 196 IN VOLUME 22 "LAWS OF DELAWARE" BY EXTENDING THE TERRITORY SUPPLIED BY THE ELECTRIC LIGHT PLANT IN LEWES.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Delaware in General Assembly met (two-thirds of each Branch thereof concurring therein):
That Section 3, Chapter 196, Volume 22, "Laws of Delaware", be and the same is hereby amended by adding at the end of the aforesaid section the following paragraph:, But in respect to the electric light plant alone, the territory served shall not be confined within the boundaries of the town of Lewes, and the Board of Public Works shall be authorized to supply electric current for the purposes of heat, power, light or any other legitimate use to anyone who will consume it within a territory extending one-half mile outside the present limits of the town, except that the Board of Public Works shall be authorized to supply electric current for any legitimate purpose in the direction of Cape Henlopen on the side of the Lewes and Rehoboth Canal nearer Delaware Bay as far as the Cape Henlopen Coast Guard Station, and it may supply current to any person or persons or companies located within the aforesaid area on any public lands, private lands, or public lands leased to private individuals or concerns."
Approved April 19, 1937.